25.3.08

Where Was Our Anime Ambassador In The 80's?

Evidence that the world needs an anime ambassador, to help ensure that all children have the chance to be as warped by cartoons as we were: The 10 Most Insane, Child-Warping Moments of 80's Cartoons. While I vaguely recall the Transformers and Smurfs examples, the one that made the strongest impression on me as a kid has to be this clip from the G.I. Joe episode "There's No Place Like Springfield" (details at the link).



BTW, I found the scripts to parts one and two of the episode. Neat. Now you can re-create that disturbing scene at home, perhaps in celebration of G.I. Joe's 25th Anniversary (which is being marked with a limited run of revamped action figures -- arguably a collector's investment opportunity -- and a feature film sometime next year). Or perhaps just to mess with some kids' minds.

No comments: