26.7.05

Lidell did I know...

Certain corners of the Indie-net have been abuzz with Jaime Lidell lately. (Admittedly, I slept on most of his work until now.) His innovative approach to "soul" vocalization is what ultimately makes you a fan (I'm told you have to see it live, but there are a few videos online that give you a hint). His discography reaches from the Super_Collider realm of yester-year to Matthew Herbert's Big Band, to his latest, Multiply on Warp - perhaps the last label on which you'd expect to find a soul singer.

3 comments:

E said...

Hmmm. According to Pitchfork today he's opening a bunch of shows on Four Tet's tour. Of course he's not joining the tour until five days after Four Tet plays the Bottle...

PYLB said...

I picked up his latest album yesterday... I really think I need to see him perform live. I'm also expecting a collaboration with Mike Patton in the next year (just guessing, but it seems like the kinda thing he'd do... maybe even Lidell / Patton / Kaada).

E said...

Interview with him up on the 'Fork today.

I saw your (now deleted) post about losing your templete, which leads me to ask, did you code all of the links in your sidebar by hand? It's so much easier to use Blogline, as I do, but thre are some non-RSS type feeds that get the shaft. I'm just too lazy to throw them all up there. Sigh.