7.2.07

My Trip To United Nations HQ



I still have over 250 photos to sort and tag, but here's the video I took inside the United Nations Headquarters last week. It's Ennio Morricone conducting a full orchestra, in a concert reception for the UN's new Secretary General. We actually sat in the same seats the UN ambassadors sit in -- we were in the Palestine section -- complete with translation ear-pieces and desktop gooseneck microphones. It was pretty cool. More details will come in another post, when I have the photos sorted.

For now, enjoy this capture of the very first time Morricone performed "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly" on US soil (technically, the UN is international soil... but we saw Morricone the next night at Radio City Music Hall... both venues are in NYC).

2 comments:

E said...

hmmm. I kinda expected him to look more like Clint Eastwood.

Jason said...

I enjoyed that thanks and look forward to more. e is funny! Thanks for the Wiki link too and saving me the time of having to go find out who Morricone is, though of course once I heard the song, I was "oh THAT guy."


Some good movie poster images:
The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Poster 1

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Poster 2

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Poster 3

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly Poster 4